Again, as we age , all our systems begin to decline including our brain functions-so here are some things and supplements we can try.
1. Keep your brain active in some way other than watching TV-(eg. reading, play music, engage conversations rather than text)—so, if you don’t use it-you may loose it)
2. Continue to exercise as best you can.
3. Phosphatidylserine 100mg-300mgm daily-PS( phosphatidylserine) is the main lipid that makes up the membranes of brain cells-allowing everything to move in and out of the brain cells better-thus the brain cells function better.What you would see should be a sharper brain-slightly help memory( although most of us can’t remember what happened yesterday( some call it living in the here and now) and just a feeling of an awakened brain.
4. Ginkgo Biloba -doses vary according to extracts-This herb increases blood flow to the brain-so again-everything seems to function better and you feel a little sharper.( one of the best products is made by Gaia Herbs just called Ginkgo Leaf).
5. Brain Factors( by Natures Purest)-This products contains amino acids that are precursors to the neurotransmitters in the brain that all decline as we age as well as the PS and Gingk0)-this is the ultimate product because it covers everything-we see it continually help patients even with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Ok-Well that a start-may next time we can talk about replaces hormones for both men and women if anyone is interested.